Why is cargo insurance so important?
Regardless of your mode of transport, traditional carrier liability is limited and is usually calculated by kilo. Local and international law, as well as conventions governing your contracts of carriage, often exclude or at least limit the claims compensation available to you as a customer.
LIMITED LIABILITY FOR CARRIER CLAIMS
- Airfreight (Montreal Convention) 19 SDR* per kg
- Seafreight (Hauge Visby Rules) 2 SDR* per kg or 666,67 SDR* per package
- Overland (CMR) 8,33 SDR* per kg
- Rail (CIM) 17 SDR* per kg
CARGO INSURANCE HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY!
We handle every shipment with the utmost care and attention, but of course there will always be risks associated with the transportation of goods. Sometimes there are factors out of our control that cannot be foreseen which can lead to goods being damaged or lost.
Our extensive experience of international logistics puts us in a unique position to be able to tailor a range of insurance products to suit any requirement. Plus, due to our high volumes, they come at competitive rates. Our in-house insurance specialists in 30 countries are able to match our flexible insurance solutions to your requirements.
In addition, if any damage or loss does occur, insuring with us means that the process of making a claim is much easier.
We offer 3 types of insurance under the ‘KN Sure’ product:
- KN Sure SPOT is for companies that ship cargo on an irregular basis but still want to ensure it is protected from unexpected events during transit.
- KN Sure FLEX guarantees maximum flexibility to reduce administration duty and time. A single confirmation will make sure that all your shipments handled by Kuehne + Nagel are insured continuously, with the option of opting out at any time.
- KN Sure FIX provides insurance for all your shipments and gives you the possibility to choose between our user friendly e-insurance solution or an annual insurance policy. Both options ensures an easy and efficent way of keeping your goods safe.
- Product Information Sheet - General Average
Terms & Conditions
- Product Information Sheet - Summary of Terms & Conditions
- Compensation up to the full insured value of your goods, regardless of cause or fault by the carrier
- Competitive premiums
- Door-to-door coverage, including loading/unloading
- Expert risk analysis for your business
- Professional handling of claims
- Fast and easy payment of valid claims
- Simple invoicing and declaration through your Kuehne + Nagel contact
- A one-stop shop for your freight and insurance requirements
- Cover provided by market-leading insurance companies
- Premium simply added to invoice
- Insurance certificate generated and printed by Kuehne + Nagel